It's All About Our Dogs
Bear Creek Dog Park is an El Paso County 25-acre off-leash dog park located within the city limits of Colorado Springs, Colorado. It was established in 1997 and has grown and seen many improvements through the years through the efforts of dedicated volunteers; the park is open year-round to canine visitors and their people. It is estimated that more than 100,000 visitors bring their canine friends to the park yearly, making the dog park the most heavily-used facility in the county's parks system. Bear Creek Dog Park is part of Bear Creek Regional Park, of the El Paso County Parks system.
The dog park is comprised of open prairie, hills, woods and a 1/3-mile-long stretch of Bear Creek. There are several walking trails running the length and circumference of the area, including the 3/4-mile primary loop, and several secondary trails..
The park includes areas for dogs and people to wade and play in the creek in warmer weather, large areas through which to run and chase balls, and even an Agility Training Area, which was installed in 2014. Water is provided for thirsty canines, as well as a dog washing area for those who get too enthusiastic chasing sticks through the muddy parts of the creek bed; and there is a public restroom and fresh water on the grounds for owners. A 2-acre small dog/senior dog area, separate from the general dog area is provided for those who wish to keep small dogs safe.
Before bringing your dog to play, make sure that he or she is current on vaccines and that he or she is safe to play with other dogs and with children. Please browse our site to find directions and more information on the park. If you live in or near the Colorado Springs area, please consider volunteering (you'll find more about that on our volunteers page). Willing hands and hearts of dog lovers are always welcome!
Dog Park Amenities
- 25 Acres of Fenced Off-Leash Park Area
- 2-Acre Small Dog / Senior Dog Area
- Miles of Walking Trails
- Access to Bear Creek
- Agility Training Area
- Dog Drinking Fountains
- Complimentary Poop Clean Up Bags
- Human Restrooms
First Time At The Park?
- Please considering coming on a weekday morning for their first visit.
- Please clean up after your dog. We provide complimentary poop bags.
- Please keep your pup on leash in all parking lots.
- The small dog area is exclusive to pups 25 lbs. and under.
- Puppies must be at least 16 weeks old to enjoy the park.
- If your pup is not spayed or neutered please keep him or her on leash.
- If Rover becomes unruly, please leash him or her up and leave the park.
- Have fun, be safe, and thanks for loving your dog as much as you do!